Sunday, July 4, 2010

77 Days - 3mi Recovery

This was my third opening shift in a row. Needless to say, when I got home, trudged through the 90 degree heat to my door, and collapsed on my bed, I wasn't going to be getting my run in until far later in the day. I did get paid time and a half for working on the Fourth, but even that gets lost sometimes when dealing with customers who have been enjoying a holiday weekend while you serve them. They get to leave and go back to their lives. You have to stay.

It all worked out for the best, though. I came home and took a nap with my cat. Then Eric and I went to see a movie, and by the time we got home, it was cool enough for a very enjoyable recovery run. My legs felt good and it was nice to loosen them up a little bit. I also enjoyed seeing the families in the park as I ran past, playing games and spending time with each other. As I headed towards home, I smelled the food cooking on their grills and anticipated the smell of my own grill that Eric was firing up while I was out.

I feel good, so far, but I have a long way to go. Week 4 of 16 training weeks is down. Let's gear up for the next week. I'll post a recap later.

No comments:

Post a Comment