Monday, July 5, 2010

76 Days - 4mi and 3x100m Striders

What a nice day off. I slept for 10 hours and could have packed in a few more to boot. Had coffee with my husband, hung out and read some essays from What the Dog Saw, and had lunch at Beans and Barley (peanut noodles = omnomnomcanipleezhavesomemore?). I also got some new books: Wisconsin Death Trip and Empire Falls. The first is a little morbid, I know, but it's been on my list to read for some time and what better way to enjoy the summer than to think about people suffering through the dark and endless winter in isolation in Black River Falls, Wisconsin at the turn of the century? I think you see my logic, now.

The run was ok. It felt kind of "junk-mile-y," if that makes any sense. As in: I didn't really want to head out when I did, but I was crunched for time because I had to teach my abs class soon, and I just kind of started running without any real plan. The first mile, I spent a lot of time thinking about how "last minute" the run seemed and how I wasn't really focused on form or anything, but this seemed to fade as I got warmed up and let my legs do what they knew how to do. The best part of the run was when I did my 3x100m's. I ran down the long driveway of the Saint Francis Seminary, and as I ran towards the campus, I noticed a deer eating on the lawn at the end of the driveway. She didn't move as I approached, and kept eating through three rounds of sprints. I wanted to stay and watch her: I was about 3 yards away, but I had to get home so I could get to the Y. She definitely seemed like a regular visitor to the seminary.

I hope you guys are enjoying the last of the holiday weekend. Real life begins again, for all of us, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment